Saturday, February 9, 2008

First full work day in the cottage

I worked all yesterday in the cottage.  The paint/varnish/linseed oil odor is still quite strong after 5 days.  You don't stop smelling it.  I probably stayed longer than I should have - my eyes started watering after about six hours.  The in-floor heat is on now which may help to drive off the volatiles.  

Strong winds from the northwest today.  At 9:30 am I cracked open one upstairs window on the southeast.  Maybe that will suck out some of the fumes.  

While I was in there I heard an occasional thumping noise.  That turned out to be the shirttail of the rubber membrane under the metal roof, which hangs out on the north side.  Gusts were flipping it up against the roof.

No comments: